MODERN OZARK DINING EXPANDS HOURS & MENU
Happy Hour, Lunch & an à la carte Lounge Menu: just three more reasons to visit this exciting little restaurant much more often. Like so many things Chef William McCormick whips up at MOD, what you might see as “just” a chicken sandwich at lunch has innovative delicious upgrades you might not expect.
Fried chicken, lettuce, mayo, bun?
With sweet soy-marinated chicken, fried crispy and golden with the chicken remaining juicy and tender, it’s dressed with Kewpie mayo & topped with pickled napa cabbage on a butter-griddled brioche bun; words fail me.
So so so good.
See their lunch menu for both indulgent plays on classics and lighter fare – all of them addictive choices that require just minutes out of your midday to enjoy. And attention fellow wine enthusiasts! Don’t miss their feature in February: The Wines of Orin Swift Cellars, Inspired by Increments of Life.
FOSSIL COVE’S FROST FEST 2017, GROUP RIDE BREWERY CRAWL & LOST FORTY AFTER PARTY
I’ve planned your Saturday.
- At noon, show up at West Mountain Brewing dressed in your best winter-themed attire for the Group Ride Brewery Crawl to Frost Fest.
- Get a complimentary tune up from Phat Tire Bike Shop while taking the hopportunity to enjoy your first frosty mug of medicine for the day.
- Follow a Yeti down the Fayetteville Bike Path sampling at breweries along the way. Tickets are just $10 and the ride ends at Frost Fest for VIP early access.
- Win prize for best attire.
- Call Grandma and thank her for the knitting the cycling singlet covered in jingle bells for you.
- Join fellow libationists at Frost Fest 2017. Boasting beers from craft breweries all over the region, it’s the best location to: Enjoy ample samples, get to know your brewers, nosh on food truck yums, and boogie to the tunes of Crescent City Combo & Me Like Bees. Check out their website for festival & d.d. tickets and a full brewery lineup.
- Realize you’ve boogied off your buzz. Grab a ride to:
- Sideways on Dickson for a Frost Fest After Party.
- Sip on Lost Forty’s two sought-after brews, One-Day-Old Snake Party and Rock Candy; both brought up from Little Rock just for the occasion!
- Sleep in and brunch like your life depends on it on Sunday.
HOGSHEAD TOURS REOPENS UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP
Named “Best Retro Beer Journey” by Arkansas Life Mag, the only behind-the-scenes craft brew tour company in NWA reopens this week with new owner Brian Duncan & guide-turned-owner, Jason Kindall. Hogshead Tours offers anything from local farm & food outings, to wine-tasting tours, or create your own custom experience with them exploring this little slice of heaven we call Northwest Arkansas. They’ll be starting up the engine of that signature 1970 forest green Volkswagen Microbus, and offering Grand Reopening Promotions through the month of February for tours booked anytime in 2017. Check out their social media @hogsheadtours & website for additional info.
BENTONVILLE BAKING COMPANY MOVES TO NEW ICEHOUSE LOCATION
The recently dubbed “Market District” of Bentonville is no longer just a dreamy idea – it’s quickly coming to life! Bentonville Baking Company made its move in to the historic and industrial IceHouse building this week. They reopen at 405 SE 5th Street, Suite 2, tomorrow and their Grand Opening Party is set for February 4th. The bakery locals have dubbed “BBC” will be serving all of their popular pastries, cookies and breads, as well as new lunch boxes and a few surprises in the new location.
2017 FAYETTEVILLE GUMBO COOKOFF
Gather your yard cauldron and secret recipe because there are still a few spots left for competitors at the 2017 Fayetteville Gumbo Cookoff! Cook for a good cause, for a sweet trophy, and for bragging rights, to the funky tunes of Mudhawk & Second Line Strings. Being held at The Washington County Fairgrounds on February 18th from Noon-6pm, a $25 attendee ticket gets you a bowl and a spoon to try all the competitors’ grub. Local craft brew will be available for purchase, as well as people’s choice tickets to vote for your favorite gumbo. It’s a rain or shine event benefiting the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
If you have tips or info on events or NWA food news, send them to: Meredith@nwaeats.com